There is no doubt that the eLearning industry is on fire. According to Global Market Insights, the eLearning market size will grow to over $300 billion by 2025. A key reason for this is technology. Technology has fundamentally changed the way we consume and disseminate educational content. From corporate training videos to Web-based training (WBT) and virtual classrooms to mobile apps. As the corporate and academic markets continue to apply innovtive ways to educate, the volume of new content will continue to grow as well.
ELearning content providers have been an important member of the elearning industry. Their mission is to help corporations and academic institutions achieve their goals by developing high impact learning solutions that are custom designed to deliver engaging learning experiences that maximize retention and the practical application of skills.
ELearning content providers may have specialists in some or all of the following roles:
- E-learning Program Director/ Managers
- E-learning Developer/ Specialists
- Instructional/Instructional Content Designers
- Training Director and Managers
- Learning and Development Head
- Learning Services Managers
- Learning/Training& Development Managers
- LMS/LCMS Administrators
- Learning Technology Specialists
The following is a list of some of the corporate and academic roles:
- Chief Learning Officer
- Corporate Training and Development Executives
- Training and Learning Coordinators
- Corporate and University Managers
- Dean /Administration Assistants
- Head of Division/Accreditation Officials
- Faculty Coordinators/Managers
- Learning Systems Analysts
- IT Manager/Director and Coordinators
- Education and Training Specialists
One of the key responsibilities of the eLearning content provider is to work with the relevant corporate and academic stakeholders to clearly understand the target audience and course goals and objectives. Storyboarding and script writing are main elements of the process.
While it is necessary for the script to have a logical flow and ties back to the goals and objectives of the course, to make it
enjoyable for the learner, the script should be written with a conversational tone and sound natural in its’ delivery. This is where a professional voiceover talent can enhance your learning project. The voiceover talent can add nuance to the material and and bring the content to life to aid retention. In addition to natural sounding voiceover, using graphics is an effective way to hold interest rather than pages of text.
There are many trends developing in elearning to help learners learn, such as mobile and social learning, new delivery methods, learning engagement models and new ways to measure learning performance. Elearning Content Providers are at the forefront of these trends to help organizations and individuals become more efficient.